Sunday, October 11, 2009

sketchbook dump

I did some sketches today at the Sketchgroup... a mish mash of different styles, or as Jimmy would call it "stylistically schizophrenic". I just felt like drawing whatever came to mind. The theme was Prosthesis... so i did one based on that.. but the rest just didn't really fall into any specific 'theme'. I was sort of in this Final Fantasy mode after going to "Music of Final Fantasy: Distant World on thurs... that's why there is a Terra fanart there.. which I thought looked half decent. might take that one further later or do more of the other characters. The music was performed by the Vancouver Symphony Orchestra.. although not as 'punchy' and as the Tokyo Symphony Orchestra that performed it in 20020220... it still managed to give me goosebumps towards the end when they played the FFVI music. Wish they had more of these shows.

The drawing of Joji's headphones I thought was kinda cool... did that while I was at 221. Apparently there was yet another flooding incident that took place. It's unfortunate because the drywall-ceiling was put up not too long ago. Not even completely spackled, primed or painted. I think parts of it will have come down, otherwise mold might start to buildup. Sigh...


3 comments:

jimmy ly said...

quite the productive day!
Really diggin the Terra sketch.
You need to dump your sketchbook more often!

ushio18 said...

thanks mang. Ya i should do more sketchbook dumps. but sometimes i'm feeling a bit lazy when it comes to scanning... lol.

PotatoFarmGirl said...

Yay Terra!!